NECESSARY COMPETENCIES AND SKILLS
NACA requires the following personal characteristics and professional experiences:
- Communication: Communicates effectively to NACA Members and staff with the utmost sensitivity to confidentiality and a “need to know” work ethic. Is an educator who appropriately persuades and influences, and who readily shares information or knowledge needed by others. Strong in both verbal and written communication.
- Organizational Skills: Prioritizes, schedules and handles a fast-paced, challenging workload. Keeps multiple tasks moving toward completion by using electronic reporting and planning mechanisms.
- Professional Skills: Detail oriented and well organized. Thrives under pressure and is able to work independently with only general supervision with strong problem-solving skills. Possesses an understanding of his/her own strengths and weaknesses and knows when to seek assistance.
- Professionalism: Adheres to direction as presented by management, performs all job duties as assigned, adjusts to changes on short notice, works diligently to achieve goals, takes responsibility for own actions/work product, and implements plans for self-improvement.
- Customer Service: Provides effective solutions and follows up promptly. Has a highly developed sense of integrity and commitment to customer satisfaction to provide outstanding customer service. Understands, anticipates and addresses customer needs and handles customer concerns in a sensitive and professional manner.
- Time Management: Arrives ready to work at the scheduled hour, uses time effectively, does not procrastinate or avoid tasks, and completes assigned duties within specified time limits in an accurate manner.
- Positive Leadership: Leads and influences others by example. Takes pride in his/her job, is open to new ideas, and demonstrates a “can do” attitude particularly when challenged by obstacles. Creates and supports a positive work environment.
- Computer Skills: Possesses strong data entry and typing skills with ability to work with NACA's software to accurately complete documentation and data entry for efficient and paperless counseling.
- Mission Driven: Demonstrates energy and enthusiasm for NACA’s mission of affordable home ownership for all, addressing mortgage discrimination, and fighting for economic justice. Actively participates in NACA’s aggressive advocacy campaigns and actions.